When you access this website we collect anonymised data about your visit using Google Analytics to help us improve the website experience.
When you register for the trail event we collect data from you for event administration. By registering for the Houghton Trail Event you are consenting to entrant data being published in our race result pages.
What data do we collect?
The data we collect during registration consists broadly of two parts:
- Entrant data - entrant name, gender, club name and age-on-day
- Contact details - includes address, email, phone number.
Payments by credit card are handled by Stripe.com. We never see your full card details, only the last 4 digits for reference purposes. Your card details never pass through our web server directly.
We use your email address to confirm registration and may email you if a query arises. We may email you with details of future events if you chose to opt in to this during registration. We never share your email address with anyone.
We take photographs of participants around the start/finish line and publish them after the event. Photographs are shown on both our website and our Facebook event page. The photographers who permit us to reproduce their images retain the copyright for their work.
This website uses the following cookies:
- A session cookie is used for the online registration process and expires after an hour.
- Several cookies are set by the Google Analytics library which we use for determining the popularity of certain web pages and viewing device types.
What do we do with your data?
- Entrant data - this is shown in the results web pages (age-on-day is converted to a broader age category value)
- Contact details - used for internal administration. Sometimes we need to contact people before and after the event in relation to registration and result times.
Securing your data
Your data is kept secure in transit by using an encrypted HTTPS connection during online registration. Our SSL certificate is issued by the Let's Encrypt certificate authority and updated every 90 days.
Registration data is stored privately, securely and can only be accessed by at most two administrators. Card specific data is not stored in our database.
We never have and never will pass on or sell your data to third parties.
Where is your data stored?
Your data (including backups) are stored on virtual servers that operate in the UK and Ireland.
Sharing your data
We do not share your data with anyone.
You are entitled to access information held by us about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. Please email data access enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This statement was last updated: December 2019.