Directions to Houghton Village Hall
Travelling North From Romsey
- At the Romsey Rapids roundabout, take the exit towards Stockbridge (A3057).
- At the next roundabout, take 1st Exit (sign Stockbridge).
- Turn right into Alma Road (Texaco Garage on right).
- Go over mini roundabout follow road to X-road traffic lights Junction (Railway on your right).
- Go straight over into Malmesbury Road.
- At the T Junction turn right into Duttons Road.
- At the T Junction turn right into Greatbridge Road (A3057 to Stockbridge).
- Follow this road for a few miles.
- When you have gone through Brook, (quite a windy road) the road eventually stops winding and
you will come over a brow of a hill and a wide landscape will open out to your left.
- The road will then travel down hill towards the turning to Houghton and Horsebridge.
- Turn left at this turning and follow this road till you get to a forked junction.
- Turn left at the junction, the John O' Gaunt Inn will then be on your right.
- You will be going over approx 9 humpy-backed bridges. After the last bridge,
a little further along turn right towards Stockbridge.
- Follow this road until you reach the Village Hall at the entrance to Stevens Drove on your left.
Travelling From Winchester Direction
- Take the B3049 to Stockbridge.
- At the roundabout go straight ahead to next roundabout.
- Take 2nd exit onto High Street.
- Go all the way up the high street until X-road Junction (Carbery in front of you).
- Turn left (marked Houghton and Boot Inn).
- Follow road for approx a couple of miles.
- After the VERY sharp left/right bend you will shortly come to the
Boot Inn on your left.
- Continue until you reach the village hall at the entrance to Stevens Drove on your right.