Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Entry
Before registering and attending the trail event we ask you to take note of the following:
- Cyclists must wear a helmet - if you are cycling please wear a cycle helmet at all times during the ride. This is a mandatory safety requirement stipulated in our insurance policy.
- Accompany juniors aged under 11 -
whilst the Houghton Trail Event fully accepts its duty of care and will do everything
it can to minimise risk of injury and harm to all participants whilst at the
Houghton Trail Event, it is parents / guardians who ultimately have
responsibility for the welfare of their children.
It is not mandatory for a parent or guardian to participate in junior races, but children under the age of 11 must be accompanied to and from the event by a responsible adult, and the responsible adult must remain in attendance for the duration of the event.
- Dogs on leads please - we ask everyone taking part in the event with their dog that they keep their dog on a lead during the event. This applies to all routes. For those taking part with a canine friend who did not enter the canicross 11k we request that they start at the back of the pack.
- Wheelchairs or pushchairs - the trail event is not suitable for wheelchairs or pushchairs due to the rough off-road nature of the courses.
- Medical conditions - please avoid entering if you have a medical disability which would endanger yourselves or others taking part.
- No refunds - there are no refunds possible for registrations. In special cases (and at the discretion of the organisers) it may be possible to transfer a registration.
Statement last updated: January 2020.